Polished concrete is considered a good sustainable design flooring option because it makes use of the materials already present. Most modern buildings are built on a concrete slab; polishing the exposed concrete eliminates the energy and material consumed by applying a floor covering. It is something to consider when building or modernizing towards a more green solution.
Polished concrete floors are low-maintenance, as they are more durable and easier to clean than many flooring options. Its relatively high coefficient of friction can make it non-slippery. Polished concrete reduces dust mite and allergen problems, and does not support mold growth. Evidence suggests highly reflective polished concrete reduces lighting needs and improves natural lighting.
Polished concrete flooring is hard wearing and will not chip or dent like softer surfaces. Mopping with warm soapy water once a week is the only maintenance required. A concrete floor that has been hardened and polished will have an extremely long life expectancy compared to other flooring.
1. Beauty. Polished concrete floors are second to none in durability and appearance. its smooth and mirror-like sleek surface. Polished concrete’s aesthetic value makes a viable option.
2. Clarity. Increased ambient lighting which will naturally enhance the beauty of your floor and reduce the cost of lighting.
3. Stain Resistant.
4. Fast & easy to apply. Back to business in no time. Typical installations are less than half the time of other flooring products.
5. Better than new and perfect for old, deteriorating and weak concrete finishes. There are dozens of ways for concrete floors to breakdown as they age; some of the reasons are: rain damage, surface stress, de-lamination, improper curing, curled cold joints, joint shoulder failure…the list goes on and on. The concrete polishing process actually removes the top part of the surface of the old concrete floor (including any patchy, partial, or whole coatings) and hardens the exposed surface beneath. Old, deteriorating, or weak concrete is strengthened, and its impact and abrasion resistance is increased.
6. Decorative. With unlimited color choices you have a floor canvas at your feet. We can permanently draw any designs.
7. Slip Resistant. Higher levels of co-efficient of friction than any coating on the market. Wet or dry, our polished concrete floor surfaces meet, and most often exceed OSHA and ADA standards for slip resistance.
8. Scratch resistant. Elimination of tire marks from fork trucks, vehicles.
9. Decrease wear & tear.
10. Cost-Effective. Polished concrete is one of the most economical, cost effective flooring alternatives out there. The reduced costs associated with saved energy, reduced wear, maintenance reduction, and especially the long-lasting durability shows that polished concrete is a budget sensible, as well as beautiful flooring system.
11. Virtually maintenance free & easy to clean. Most floor systems, even ordinary concrete floors, require aggressive scrubbing in order to maintain a clean environment and nice appearance. Oil, paint, and other staining spills can leave lasting impressions on most surfaces. A concrete polished floor doesn’t require this intense scrubbing — the surface is so tightly compacted that it actually repels oils and other substances. This makes cleaning much easier and a maintenance schedule less demanding than with other floors.
12. Sustainable. Unsurpassed durability compared to other flooring products Polished concrete is intrinsically green because it de-materializes a project, reducing the need to bring in additional coverings or coatings that end up in land-fills upon their eventual replacement. Perfect concrete polishing not only upholds aesthetically pleasing design but also aligns with the LEED rating system.
13. Elimination of dusting from efflorescence. In ordinary unpolished concrete, tiny particles of dust are pushed to the surface through an upward force. This is more commonly known as concrete dusting. Dusting forces epoxies off of the surface of concrete floors, and can make maintenance a costly priority.